ISIS claims attacks on Wednesday on Save the Children office in Afghanistan’s eastern city of Jalalabad. 5 people killed and 14 injured. Gunmen targeted British, Swedish, and Afghani government institutions in Jalalabad. The operation involved a car bomb and three other attacks.
After the car bomb outside the British charity’s compound on Wednesday, in Jalalabad. Moreover, the attackers used the rocket-propelled grenade. An Employee told the friend in a WhatsApp message, the employee hiding inside the building during the attack,
I can hear two attackers… They are looking for us, Pray for us… inform the security forces.
Attaullah Khogyani stated that,
The attack started at 9.10 am (4.40am GMT) – shortly after staff would have arrived at the office. A group of armed men then entered the compound. So far 11 wounded people have been brought to hospitals.
Gunmen attack Save the Children office in Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Mohammad Amin, who was inside the Save The Children office, said from his hospital bed,
I heard “a big blast”, We ran for cover and I saw a gunman hitting the main gate with an RPG (rocket propelled grenade) to enter the compound. I jumped out of the window
A Spokesperson of Save the Children stated that,
We are devastated at the news that our Save the Children office in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, came under attack this morning as armed men entered the building about 9 am today, local time. Our primary concern is for the safety and security of our staff. We are awaiting further information and cannot comment further at this time.
UNAMA looking into reports of attack outside @save_children #Jalalabad. Attacks directed at civilians or aid organizations are clear violations of international humanitarian law and may amount to war crimes. pic.twitter.com/8IlfR3KDGo
— UNAMA News (@UNAMAnews) January 24, 2018
It is with profound sadness that we can confirm three Save the Children staff members were killed earlier today in an attack on our office in #Jalalabad, #Afghanistan. Our statement: https://t.co/juSPz9enud pic.twitter.com/yRlDe5crVc
— Save the Children US (@SavetheChildren) January 24, 2018
Zabiullah Mujahid, a spokesperson of Taliban, stated in a tweet on Wednesday that the military group not responsible for the attack on Save The Children in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.